Saturday, June 4, 2011

When the poop hits the fan...

....I think the minions will be fine.

I admit to being a new fisherman.  I've pulled up exactly one fish in the year I've come to the pond. This is exactly four less than my kids who have reeled in five.

(Mine still weighed more all together.

It's important to me that kids develop a connection to the world around them.  They need to feel where their world meets with the world at large.

The classroom is no different. In the 21st century

in the 21st century we as educators can no longer afford to keep kids locked in the classroom all day we can't afford to distance them from the world around them. Current tensions in the world are being dictated by ethnic and nationalistic strife. Isn't it time to just let it go? Go find your fishing pole and pull up a few...


No comments:

Post a Comment