Friday, June 3, 2011

Halcyon thoughts

I have to admit something.

I turn 40 in a few months.

Now this doesn't mean that somehow I'm getting ready to buy a really inexpensive sports car to overshadow a growing comb-over I've recently constructed.

1. I have way to much hair.
2. I can't afford a sports car.
3. I'm more of the vintage VW van type.

But as my 41st year of life quickly approaches, I am forced to take stock in the many yesterdays I've enjoyed. I do have only one regret.

I've played it too safe. As an educator, part of my mission is to take students out of their comfort zones and show them they can do anything if they just believed in themselves. It's been my mission since becoming an educator.

I didn't have that person in my life, but my life has still been worthy of story. Closing in on a decade in education, I'm still adding to my toolbox and try not to throw any tools at the kiddos. (I've mostly been successful...thank you very much. :o) )



Youth should be taught that reality is what they make of it. They should know that the can morph into their heart's desire. They should think; they should dream; and they should feel.

...not only for themselves but for the Universe at large.

That is how they will change the world and not fall back into a previous generation's destructive pattern. Somehow as we age, we lose sight of the goal.

But who defines the goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment